Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Final Run Thru

Elaine and I spent over an hour on the telephone tonight with Dick Graham from the IAAP (our adoption agency). He covered our entire schedule, plus sightseeing tips, cultural ques, etc. Elaine took 3 pages of notes. One of the main things that he shared is that we will be arriving in Da Nang on Sunday evening and that we would be able to go to the orphanage that night. There is an outside chance that we may be able to take him to the hotel on Sunday. Monday will be the G and R ceremony, so we will take him with us that day for sure. We talked to him using Skype on our computer...the 21st century is great!

People ask me how we feel...kind of numb at this point, but very excited...by the way did I say very excited. At this point, we are planning on contacting our families at 8 pm. There may be some days that we will not be able to, but our goal will be 8 pm. 8pm here is 8am there.

5 comments:

Amy Beard said...

That is great! I am impressed a blog and using Skype!! What will you do next...oh yeah become parents to a lucky little precious boy!! I am looking forward to your next post!! God bless you and we are praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you and so happy for Jackson! After seeing him in Da Nang, I just can't get him out of my head - he is so cute! I will be following your journey and praying for your safe travels.

Emma said...

Hi Aunt Lainey and Uncle Lamar! Have fun and take good care of my Mommy! Can't wait to meet Jackson! Love, Emma

pjp said...

I am so excited, nervous, and happy for you both and little Jackson! he is such a lucky little boy to be a part of your family and a part of "our" bigger family! my prayers remain with you!

Anonymous said...

Like everyone, I'm very excited for you all. This is much better than any reality TV show! Lamar, I'm impressed with your technical genius of blogging & Skype'ing.

I left you both a message on your cell phones to give you a send off this Friday morning... I'm sure you may not receive it until you return as I doubt your brought your cell phones on this trip.

Can't wait to meet Jackson back in the USA!

Safe travels,
Curtis & Laure