Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday in Vietnam by Lamar

We took Jackson to Vietnam immigration today. Elaine got excited and took a picture and it raised serious concern with a member of the agency. There are no pictures allowed inside any governmental buildings. Elaine had her picture confiscated...live and learn. We are waiting for the paperwork to be finalized in HCMC. The doctor's appointment went well for Jackson today...no shots or prods. He seems to be healthy with a only few mosquito bites to tarnish his record.

Elaine and Lynne have been starving over here, so today it was off to the Kentucky Fried Chicken. It reminded me of the time Elaine and I went to Germany and while I was eating Schnitzel, she was eating McDonalds.

We went to Cu Chi tunnels to visit the famed tunnel network that the Viet Cong used. Our tour guide was informative, so I will be able to speak to SS classes about Vietnam War, Cambodia, etc. He said that in 1978, his village was ravaged by the Khmer Rouge...3000 massacared. He had many stories.

We wait for paperwork and then off to Hanoi to gain a Visa for Jackson.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackson is absolutely precious!!!I love him!! You must be pinching yourselves that he is finally yours. I remember after Clint was born (8 lbs 9 oz) how heavy I thought he was. I cant imagine 22 pounds. Love to all of you. Amy

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you both. Curtis shared your blog with us & we have enjoyed every update you have sent. Jackson is a beautiful baby. You have been truly blessed. Can't wait to see him in person. Glenda